Katy Perry Under Police Investigation for Alleged Sexual Assault

Katy Perry is currently at the center of a police investigation in Australia following serious allegations made by actor Ruby Rose, who claims the singer sexually assaulted her at a Melbourne nightclub in 2010. Perry’s team has firmly denied the accusations, according to Variety.
The controversy surfaced on Sunday, April 12, when Rose took to Threads—posts that have since been deleted—to respond to a Complex article about Perry’s reaction to Justin Bieber’s Coachella performance. In her response, Rose made a blunt accusation about an alleged incident at a Melbourne venue.
She later expanded on her claim, describing the encounter in detail and stating it occurred when she was in her early twenties. Rose also alleged that Perry later offered to assist her in obtaining a U.S. visa.
In response, a representative for Perry dismissed the claims entirely, calling them “categorically false” and “reckless.” The statement also suggested that Rose has previously made serious public accusations online that were denied by those involved.
Initially, Rose indicated she did not plan to involve law enforcement, though she said she would defend her claims if legal action were taken. However, by Tuesday night, she reversed course, stating she had completed formal reports to the police and would no longer speak publicly about the matter.
Authorities have since confirmed an active investigation. According to a statement from Victoria Police, detectives from the Sexual Offences and Child Abuse Investigation Team (SOCIT) are examining a reported historical assault said to have taken place at a licensed venue in Melbourne’s central business district in 2010. Police added that, due to the ongoing nature of the case, no further details will be released at this time.

Post Author: real skillz